Surgery and General Medicine
Dr. Tengiz Chikvashvili, MD, Clinic Director
Dr. Chikvashvili graduated from Kuban Medical University, located in Kuban Russia in 1974.
From 1980 to 2004 Dr. Chikvashvili was a surgeon at the Tbilisi Railway Hospita, becoming head of General Surgery in 1995. From 1977 to 1980 Tengiz was a surgeon at the Central hospital located in Anapa, Russsia.
Since 2004 Dr. Tangiz has been director of Phage Therapy Center. He has utilized phage therapy during the majority of his career.
Dr. Chikvashvili is fulent in Georgian, Russian and English languages.
Prof. Zemphira Alavidze, PhD, Medical Microbiologist
Dr. Alavidze earned her bachelor degree in biology at Tbilisi State University located in Tbilisi, Georgia. She completed her PhD a Tbilisi State University in 1965. Dr. Zemphira's PhD thesis was "Study of properties of interaction of industrial strain of E.coli M17 and It?s phage resistant mutants with homologious phages".
- 2006 - present Lead Scientist at Elaiva Institute of Bacteriophages, Microbiology and Virology
- 1988 - 2006 Eliava Institute of Bacteriophages, Microbiology and Virology, Head of the Laboratory Phage Morphology and Biology
- 1968 - 1988 Resaerch Scientist at the Scientific Research Institute of Vaccine and Sera
- 1966 - 1968 Kurchatov Research Institute of Atomic Energy, Lab. Of Molecular Biology
- 1997 - 1998 Hanover Medical University, Hannover, Germany., Microbiology Department
- 1997 Evergreen State College, Olymia, USA T4 Lab
- 1998 - 2001 Maryland State University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD - International Traning and Research Program, grant from Forgarty International Center, NIH
Prof. Alavidze is fluent in Georgian, Russian and English languages.
Dr. Tatia Dvalidze, PhD
In 2002 Dr. Dvalidze earned her Bachelor of Science degree in biology at Tbilisi State University. In 2006, she earned her masters degree in biology at the Tbilisi State University and she completed her PhD in 2014.
Tatia came to Phage Therapy Center in 2022 in the position of medical microbiologist. From 2003 to 2022 she held the positions of Manager of Eliava Biopreparations, Lead Scientist and Microbiologist at the Eliava Institute of Bacteriophage, Microbiology and Virology. She has received numerous research grants and has published fifteen abstracts and scientific journals.
Dr. Dvalidze is fluent in Georgian, Russian and English languages.
Prof. Natalia Kiladze, MD - Tbilisi State University, Department of Dermatology
Dr. Kiladze graduated Kharkov State Medical Institute in Kharkov, Ukraine in 1966 and at the Lviv State Medical Institute with honors in 1971. She finished an internship at Lviv State Medical Institute in Lviv in 1972 and received a Post diploma course ( clinical Residency in Dermato-Venereology), Lviv State Medical Institute, Lviv, Ukraine 1974.
- 1975 - 1978 Lviv Regional Dermatovenerologic Dispensary, physician, Lviv, Ukraine
- 1978 Tbilisi State Medical institute, chair of dermato-venerology, assistant, Tbilisi, Georgia
- 1985 ? 2006 Tbilisi State Medical institute, chair of dermato-venerology, associated professor, Tbilisi, Georgia
- 2006 Tbilisi State Medical institute, chair of dermato-venerology, associated professor, Tbilisi, Georgia
- 1999 National Center for Infectious Pathology, AIDS and Clinical Immunology. consultant, Tbilisi, Georgia
- 2002 Medical Center of Dermatology and Aesthetic medicine ?Marjani?, chief physician, medical director, Tbilisi, Georgia
Dr. Kiladze has 47 scientific publications.
Dr. Kiladze is fluent in Georgian, English, Polish, Ukrainian, Russian languages.
Natalie Guliashvili, Patient Coordinator / Office Manager
Natalie is currently a student at the Georgian Institute of Public Affairs, studying to become a psychologist. She has previously attended and earned degrees at:
- Ilia State University School of Arts, where she earned a bachelor degree in Arts and Sciences
- College of German language in Dusseldorf, Germany
- Wirtschaftsförderungsinstitut - Institute for Economic Promotion of the Austrian Economic Chambers in Austria
Natalie is fluent in Georgian, Russian, German and English languages.
Christopher Smith, BSc, USA Liaison
Christopher graduated with a bachelor of science degree from the University of South Carolina in 1977.
Smith is one of the original founders of Phage International Inc. (a US corporation) which acquired Phage Therapy Center in 2004. He had a long career in high tech in the Los Angeles and San Francisco / Silicon Valley areas, having held technical positions at Federal Reserve Bank, Wells Fargo Bank, Apple Computer, AT&T / Bell Labs / Pacific Bell, State of New York and numerous other high tech companies in the region. Christopher transitioned into entrepreneurial activities, helping establish and develop IP for several technology startups.
Christopher resides in Danville, California USA
Copyright (c) Phage Therapy Center 2004-2022